Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cambridge Public Library

On Friday two of us from Porter Square Books were invited to the new Cambridge Library to participate in their staff development day. Having read and heard so much good press about the new addition we were anxious to see it for ourselves. Well, we were blown away. If you haven't seen the addition I strongly urge you to make a trip with your children, spouse, friend or just go alone. It is fabulous. Allow enough time to take a good look at all the wonderful new areas. The colors are extraordinary, the layout invites you to stroll through all the departments. The Children's desk, with its own live-in hamster will delight young and old. If you have young children with you be sure to visit the bathroom, your little guys will love it. I wish I was a teenager again so I could meet my friends at the young adult room, or go alone and curl up with a good book in this appealing area. Being in the book business for so many years I'd forgotten how good it feels to have a library book in hand. From the top down there is such enthusiasm among the staff. Be a part of this great new addition to your neighborhood.

No comments:


Blog Archive